Netflix cancels Will Smith’s action film ‘Bright’ and National Geographic delays production on ‘Pole to Pole’ after Chris Rock slap

Netflix cancels Will Smith’s action film ‘Bright’ and National Geographic delays production on ‘Pole to Pole’ after Chris Rock slap

Netflix has canceled the sequel to Will Smith’s 2017 action film ‘Bright’ after he slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars.

According to a Bloomberg source, the 2017 sci-fi action thriller ‘Bright’ which was directed by David Ayer, has been cancelled by the streaming giant. 

Also, the actor’s National Geographic nature series, ‘Pole to Pole’ which follows the 53-year-old star to the North and South Poles, and was set to begin filming in three weeks, has been put on hold until fall 2022, the news source reported.  

The sudden cancellation of ‘Bright’ is apparently unrelated to the recent controversy surrounding Smith, who made global headlines after he slugged Chris Rock during last month’s Academy Awards show,  Bloomberg reported.

Additional projects Smith had lined up that have been getting smacked down, include a movie for Sony that has been delayed and another Netflix project, ‘Fast and Loose’.

Recall that in March, Smith slapped Academy Awards presenter Chris Rock on stage after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. 

Chris Rock, 57, was presenting the Oscar for Best Documentary during the event at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood when he joked about Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith’s shaved head.

The actress had openly shared her alopecia struggles, and did not laugh at the joke when he compared her to the shaved head look of Demi Moore in the 1997 movie G.I. Jane.

Smith then approached the stage and slapped Rock hard across the face.

The Academy issued a statement banning  Smith from attending and being part of any Academy event or programs: ‘The Board of Governors has decided, for a period of 10 years, from April 8, 2022, Mr. Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs in person or virtually,’ the statement read, in part. 

Smith told Page Six after the Academy’s April 8 board ruling : ‘I accept and respect the Academy’s decision,’ he said.

“I’m tired of the cheating” – Korra Obidi’s husband, Justin Dean speaks on the cause of their marriage crisis

“I’m tired of the cheating” – Korra Obidi’s husband, Justin Dean speaks on the cause of their marriage crisis

Dr Justine Dean who is the husband of dancer, Korra Obidi, has given more details about the cause of their marriage crisis
 

Recall that two days ago, he announced they were getting a divorce. This comes days after they welcomed their second child together.

According to Dr Jean, he has been trying to save their marriage since 2018, He stated that he is tired of narcissism, cheating, and lack of accountability.

On his social media page Justin said:

?I?m tired of the cheating? ? Korra Obidi?s husband, Justin Dean speaks on the cause of their marriage crisis

Eminem becomes Highest selling and Most Certified Artist in RIAA History with 73.5M new certifications

Eminem becomes Highest selling and Most Certified Artist in RIAA History with 73.5M new certifications

Rapper and record producer, Eminem has made history once again.


Apart from being the highest selling rapper of all time (dead or alive), On Tuesday, March 8, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) announced 73.5 million new Gold & Platinum Program certifications for the 49-year-old “rap god.”, meaning Eminem is now the No. 1 awarded musician for singles in the program’s history and one of only seven artists in any genre or era with three or more Diamond Album Awards.

Eminem’s combined six RIAA Diamond awards add to his already accomplished career. With the new 73.5 million award units, his RIAA Award career total comes to 227.5 million (166 million single certifications and 61.5 million album certifications).


The certification comes as Eminem’s 2005 album Curtain Call: The Hits earned its diamond certification on Tuesday , which is his third album to receive the rare distinction. Back in August 2017, the album was also declared the longest-running rap LP in the history of the Billboard 200.

As the 2002 album, The Eminem Show is certified 12x-platinum, Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) sits at 11x-platinum. All of Eminem’s other studio albums, including 2011’s Recovery, are certified platinum or gold.

Eminem’s singles, both “Lose Yourself” from the 2002 8 Mile soundtrack and “Love The Way You Lie” with Rihanna have 13x-platinum certifications. In his career of over two decades, Eminem has collected six new platinum singles and 21 gold singles.

“These awards recognize Eminem’s unflinching commitment to his craft and the enduring connection he has forged with fans over the last 20 years,” RIAA Chairman & CEO Mitch Glazier says. 

“With today’s announcement, Eminem becomes the top certified singles artist in our program’s history and adds a rare third Diamond Album to his many creative accomplishments. Congratulations to Eminem and his entire label team who have set the bar higher than ever!”

Vice Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M Steve Berman adds, “Interscope joins Aftermath in congratulating Marshall, Paul, and the entire Shady team on this remarkable achievement. It has been an honor to be part of one of the greatest journeys in the history of recorded music. The most beautiful part of this is it feels like the journey has just begun.”??

Prince Harry’s Lawyers demand UK government to start paying for his police protection say “the Prince inherited security risks at birth”

Prince Harry’s Lawyers demand UK government to start paying for his police protection say “the Prince inherited security risks at birth”

Prince Harry’s lawyers are demanding a judicial review against UK’s Home Office refusal to pay for his police protection when in the UK.

His lawyers say the Prince  wants to visit his home country with his family, but needs to “ensure” their safety.

The US-based Duke of Sussex says his private security team does not have adequate jurisdiction abroad and that his status as a prince means he’ll always be a security risk and a target of hate crimes.

Harry, grand child of Queen Elizabeth, his taxpayer-funded police security after stepping back from royal duties in 2020 and relocating to Los Angeles with his wife, Meghan Markle and their son, Archie.

The application for a judicial review – a challenge in the High Court against the decision of a public body or government department – follows a security incident in London in July 2021 when Harry’s car was chased by photographers as he left a charity event.

A legal representative for Prince Harry said the legal claim was filed in September 2021 “to challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hopes that this could be re-evaluated for the obvious and necessary protection required”.

Movie outfit partners Nigerian Army to produce anti-terror film

Movie outfit partners Nigerian Army to produce anti-terror film

A movie production firm, Maimartaba Media, says it is partnering the Nigerian Army to produce an anti-terror movie.

The firm’s Director of Production, Mr Shittu John, said this at a news briefing on Tuesday in Abuja.

He said the movie titled, “Hadin Kai,” aimed at supporting the military’s non-kinetic line of operations toward achieving national security.

John stated that the movie, which would be produced within the first quarter of the year, was also aimed at encouraging and enhancing cooperation between the military and the civil populace during operations.

He said in spite of the increasing military operations in dealing with internal security challenges in the country, the spate of insecurity and threat to national security remained alarming.

According to him, this worrisome development has called for the adoption of all-of-nation approach to effectively tackle the challenges.

“This approach demands that in times like this, every segment of the Nigerian society is expected to contribute its quota to complement the efforts of the military and other security agencies.

“In specific terms, the nature of military operations demand stakeholders’ engagements, strategic communication and robust military-media relations through advocacy and sensitisation campaigns.

“To this extent, the Nigerian movie industries, media and other stakeholders are urged to partner with the Armed Forces of Nigeria towards solving the security challenges facing the country,” he said.

John explained that the story of the movie was generally on the role of citizenry in attaining stability, peace and security in the Nigerian society.

According to him, the film, Hadin Kai,  is first of its kind in Northern Nigeria and is designed to align with the vision of the Chief of Army Staff.

“Which is,  having a professional Nigerian Army ready to accomplish assigned missions within a joint environment in defence of Nigeria,” he said.

He said the project was also aimed at preserving and projecting the cultures, traditions, values, morals and beliefs of the Nigerian Army.

The movie producer said it was another way of providing morale-boosting supports to the military in spear-heading the fight against insecurity across the country.

He said the project was also expected to create over 1,000 direct and indirect jobs to the youth in the areas of cinematography, lighting, acting, sound and audio engineering, fashion and costumes, graphics designing and post production.

“The production is aimed at winning the hearts and mind of its viewers and to promote peace and stability in the country.

“The producers strongly believe that soft or non-kinetic approach is a veritable mechanism that can be adopted in solving the security challenges currently bedeviling the country,” he said.

John, however, said the firm would welcome suggestions from individuals and professionals with a view to enhancing the quality of the movie. (NAN)

Simon Cowell set to marry Lauren Silverman after 13 years of dating

Simon Cowell set to marry Lauren Silverman after 13 years of dating

Simon Cowell is set to marry his longtime girlfriend Lauren Silverman after 13 years of dating.

The music mogul, who is a popular judge on various British Television talent competition series had previously insisted he would never get married.

It was gathered that Simon reportedly proposed to Lauren on Christmas Eve in Barbados in the presence of their seven-year-old son Eric and Lauren’s older son Adam.

A source revealed to the sun that “Lauren was absolutely stunned and never in a million years expected Simon to pop the question. She burst into tears – happy tears – and obviously said ‘yes’ straight away”.

“It was important to Simon that the kids were there too, as he adores them both and the family they’ve become.”

The source added that “Whilst Simon never thought he was the marrying type, he’s realised he’s met the woman of his dreams – and couldn’t be happier. In the words of Beyoncé, it was time to put a ring on it.”

Simon, 62, first met New York City socialite Lauren, 44, in 2004, when she was on holiday in Barbados with her then-husband Andrew Willner. They went public with their relationship after Lauren’s divorce with Andrew in 2013 and in 2014, welcomed their son Eric.